Wedding guest books are special memoirs that record the information about the guests who attended the wedding. These books consist of limited pages to extended sheets based on the number of guests who are expected to attend the wedding. Besides the traditional photo albums and video tapes, these books act as a prime tool for recording the event.
A wedding book is one of the best ideas one could have at a wedding. Instead of choosing a traditional, customized wedding book, you may use your own ideas to create an impressive wedding book. Not just because the books keeps a record of the guests, but for a well-documented record of those who shared the special moments one must have a wedding guest book at the venue.
Wedding guest book is a treasure of words offered to the couple in the form of blessings, advice and suggestions. The book captures all those moments which you might have missed during the wedding as a bride or bridegroom. After you return from the honeymoon, you can let the memories flow through the comments section of the book.
Wedding guest books are one of the most used and preferred wedding accessories. It is available in various sizes, shapes, designs and thickness. Based on your requirements you must choose one for your special day. Customized wedding guest books available in the stores are usually dumped in the corner of the store room or ignored completely after some time. To avoid this, one must put in their best creativity to make the special book an object to treasure forever. Let us browse through a few options available
1. Theme Based
If your wedding is based on a theme, choose the book that compliments the theme. This is one way of relating every little thing closely to the event. The theme based guest book will not just look attractive but leave an unforgettable impression on your guests. If the wedding is based on fairy tale theme use a wedding book with pictures and designs of colorful garden, fairy land, whimsical designs, vintage and sceneries that relate to quirky and creative thinking.
2. Wedding Guest Books (Photo Books)
Photo guest books create better impact on the guests as they are illustrated and colorful as compared to the customized ones. You may add the photographs of your engagement or any other special moment in the book and ask your guests to comment and write their special messages.
3. Fabric Wedding Book
Distribute pieces of fabric to the guests and ask them write their messages on them. Later collect them and consolidate into a book. This quilted masterpiece will certainly create a sensation in your wedding.
4. Interesting Puzzle Pieces
A puzzle guest book is a great idea anyone could think of to grace the wedding celebrations. Convert your favorite photograph or a picture based on your wedding theme into small pieces which can be put together to form the original picture. Request your guests to write on each of those pieces which can be later put together.
5. Customized Wedding Guest Books
Many shops that sell customized gifts also offer customized wedding guest book with the initials of the bride and the groom engraved on the pages. Also silver and gold lining on the corners of the page adds grace to the book. Place it at a prominent place and request your guests to pour in their messages for the couple.
Facts that Determine the Effectiveness
Usually the books used in most weddings consist of simple columns and spaces where the guests are supposed to drop their messages for the newlywed couple. Also they would be mentioning their names and a couple of details. But these kinds of books have become too monotonous. To change with the tide one has to understand the facts that make these special books one of the main attractions.
• Do Not Leave the Book Incomplete – An incomplete guest book is as good as a blank book. So make sure you assign someone the task of passing the wedding guest book to all the guests for their messages. To enhance the standard of the book try to paste the pictures of the guests and ask them to write in front of their pictures.
• Add Grace and Keep it Short – Though the special book is created for the guests make sure the guests do not fill pages together. Request them to keep their messages short and crisp. Also ask them to make their messages interesting by using quotes, funny lines, jokes and useful tips for the couple to make their life happier.
• Upgrade the paper Books – These days not many of us use the traditional paper guest books in weddings. Instead try to find out the latest styles and materials used to make guest books. There are a wide range of ceramics and metal plates used in place of papers in guest books. Try a couple of them out to impress the guests. You can also use them as display items in your homes.
Make every moment of your wedding a memorable one using creative ideas. The guest books not just help you to keep a track of the guests who attended the special event but also their kind words of blessing and advice to follow. Wedding is a once in lifetime for most of us. So why not put in your best ideas to make it the most remembered event for you and your guests? Replace the traditional paper books with your creative displays and make the event a special and unique one.